You are here
Calling for Expressions of Interest
Manningham City Council is inviting residents and members of the local community to submit expressions of interest in joining the Doncaster Rail Advocacy Steering Committee (DRASC). Two positions are vacant on the existing committee.
DRASC is advocating to the State Government for it to complete the Doncaster Rail link as an essential transport infrastructure project for Victoria and for further public transport improvements.
Those expressing an interest in joining this committee should broadly support the Doncaster Rail proposal and have a general understanding of public transport issues.
Some of the tasks which you may be involved in as a member of the committee include:
- Attending bi-monthly meetings at the Manningham Civic Centre
- Attending local community markets and events
- Organising community events and information sessions
- Obtaining petition signatures and support from your local neighbourhood
- Interacting with the local community on public transport matters
- Being involved in media and advertising campaigns
Beyond attending the bi-monthly meetings and local community markets once to twice a month, being a part of this committee allows you the flexibility to engage in community events and advocacy during your own time when it suits you and your lifestyle.
Closing date for Expressions of Interest is Monday 28 July 2014 at 5.00 pm.
Post to: Jenny Mihan
Manningham City Council
PO Box 1, Doncaster 3108
For more information, please call Nicole Daws on 9840 9474.